LSAT Preparation Course for Black, Indigenous, and Low-Income Students
The Law School Admission Test (LSAT) is a requirement for admission to most law schools. Details about the LSAT may be found at lsac.org. In addition, free official LSAT preparation is available through Khan Academy online.
Western Law is offering a free LSAT Preparation course in the spring of 2021 for high-potential Black, Indigenous, and low-income undergraduate students, or those who have graduated, who intend to apply to law school in the near future. You do not need to be a Western student or graduate in order to participate. Western Law thanks Borden Ladner Gervais LLP and the Law School Admission Council for generously sponsoring this program. The course will be delivered virtually from early-May until mid-July 2021 two evenings per week.
- Class Size: Limited to 20 students
- Registration Deadline: Thursday, April 15, 2021 *Registration is now closed
- Dates: Tuesday, May 11, 2021 to Tuesday, July 20, 2021
- Classes: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6:30-9:30 pm (including breaks)
- No class on July 1, 2021
- Four practice tests
- You are Black OR Indigenous OR have demonstrated financial need/low income.
- You have a cumulative average of B+ (78% / 3.3) to date in your undergraduate university program.
- You are in your third or fourth year of your undergraduate studies, or you have graduated.
- You are committed to writing the LSAT between now and February 2022.
- You are planning to apply to law school in the 2022 application cycle.
- You are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, protected person or convention refugee.
- You must attend at least 90% of the virtual classes. Attendance will be monitored.
- You are able to devote approximately 4-8 hours per week between classes to work on the skills you will learn.
- You will complete all scheduled practice tests so that your instructor can provide feedback on your progress.
- Will prepare you for taking the LSAT as early as August 2021
- Taught by an experienced LSAT Instructor
- Includes all study materials, practice tests, and access to the LSAC LawHub
- Includes four timed practice tests
- Includes a waiver of the $100.00 institutional fee for applying to Western Law in the 2022 cycle, provided the requirements in the previous section are met
- Includes information about our September Law School Application Workshop
- Includes a one-on-one Zoom meeting with the Assistant Dean of Admissions, if desired
- Will provide you with the opportunity to hear from law students and legal professionals
Registration for the 2021 course offering is now closed.
- Statement of Interest (maximum 500 words), which should address why you wish to take this course, why you are interested in law school, and what you would like to do with a law degree.
- Application Form for Black and Indigenous students
- Application Form for Low-Income students and supporting documentation demonstrating low income/financial need
- Academic transcript(s) from all post-secondary institutions attended (unofficial copies are acceptable)
All materials can be submitted using one of the following methods:
Faculty of Law, Western University
Room 222 (Admissions Office)
1151 Richmond Street
London, ON N6A 3K7
Fax: 519-850-2412 (Attention: Admissions Office)