WJLS Publication Station
The Western Journal of Legal Studies is excited to offer our Publication Station exclusively to Western Law students. The Publication Station provides substantive and technical editing support for papers that have been submitted for credit by law students. The program aims to assist students in developing papers of publishable quality and supporting student scholarship at Western Law.
When you submit your paper to the Publication Station, the trained staff at the WJLS will review your essay, provide edits, and make recommendations. In addition, we’ll provide you with a list of legal journals that are relevant to your paper's topic, along with applicable writing awards you can apply to.
It’s that simple – all you need to do is email us your paper!
To use the Publication Station, send your paper to email@example.com with "Publication Station" in the title. Please note the following:
- Only essays in Microsoft Word format will be accepted.
- In your email, include the course name and professor name for which the paper was written (this will only be used if there is doubt as to whether the paper has been submitted to the professor - papers will not be reviewed until after they have been submitted for grading).
- Papers are reviewed in the order they are submitted, and acceptance is subject to capacity.
- Your paper will be reviewed anonymously.
- While we will strive to return all papers within 3 weeks of submission, please allow up to 6 weeks for your paper to be returned. If there is a particular legal journal you hope to submit to, please include its submission deadline in your email.
- There is no limit to the number of papers you can submit, or the number of times you can re-submit a paper - we're here to help you as much as we can!