Law Talk ArticlesIn partnership with the Community Law School (Sarnia-Lambton), the students of Community Legal Servcies and Pro Bono Students Canada produce monthly columns that are distributed throughout Ontario. These columns provide legal information only. The information is accurate only as of the date indicated, and the laws may have changed since they were written.
Residential Landlord and Tenant Rights/Responsibilities
- Introduction to the Residential Tenancies Act
- Top Ten Issues to Look for Before You Sign Your First Lease
- What is the Landlord and Tenant Board?
- All About Your Residential Lease
- Can My Landlord Ask for Deposits and Other Fees?
- When Can My Rent Increase?
- When Should My Rent Be Reduced?
- Major Repairs Can Mean Major Problems
- Harrassment by Landlords: You Are Not Alone
- Opening Up About Tenants' Right to Privacy
- Facing Eviction: What is the process and what are your options?
- Eviction Orders: How are they enforced?
Human Rights in Ontario
- Human Rights in Ontario: Housing
- Human rights in Ontario: Employment
- Human Rights in Ontario: Facilities
- Human Rights in Ontario: Gender, Gender Identity and Harassment
- Human Rights in Ontario: Age
- Human Rights in Ontario: Creed
- Human Rights in Ontario: Mental Health Issues
- Human Rights in Ontario: Physical Disability